If your PEETZ classic wood reels are showing signs of their age, we offer a comprehensive reel overhaul service to get them working (and looking) as good as new.
We have refurbished PEETZ reels up to 80 years old!
- Full cleaning
- Inspection of all parts
- Replacement of worn parts (if the drum assembly is rotted out, a replacement assembly is an additional $49 - we will call you first to confirm that we go ahead with this)
- Hand refinishing of wood components (at your discretion - you may wish to keep the patina)
- Polishing all brass components at your discretion (at your discretion - you may wish to keep the patina) - spool, reel foot, handle mounts, etc.
- Sealing brass spool with marine spar varnish
- Packaging for delivery, including a PEETZ linen reel bag
- A one-year performance guarantee on all parts replaced by PEETZ during the overhaul
Your reel will function like new and LOOK STUNNING!
Please note that shipping costs are not included. You are responsible for the delivery of your reel(s) to our shop. A return shipping amount will be quoted by us and applied when you place your order.
For a small additional fee, we can re-spool with fresh line so you are ready to go or even custom engrave the wood face of your reel should you wish to personalize it.
How It Works
Step 1: Call us toll-free: 800.883.0221 (local: 250.383.5342) Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm Pacific Time to order your reel overhaul service, provide us with any special instructions, as well as indicate any options you'd like to take advantage of.
Step 2: Based on the types and number of reels you are sending in, we'll provide you with an accurate return shipping quotation.
Step 3: We'll provide you with a Return Merchandise Authorization ("RMA") Number that you need to include with your order. This number is very important, as it connects your reel(s) with a work order in our shop so we know what to do when they arrive.
Step 4: Provide a credit card to pay for your order and send us your reel(s)!
Reel refurbishments are performed during the last week of every month, so turnaround time will depend on when we receive them during the month and how many are in the queue. We make every effort to complete all refurbs on hand before the beginning of the following month.