PEETZ Hookum 'Salmon Slayer' Nickel Plated Fishing Spoons - 4 Pack
Built to last. Built to perform.
Designed by our founder, Boris Cecil Peetz, in the 1930s, the Hookum originally came in polished brass or German silver (a colourless form of brass). It features a unique swivel connector that extends from one side, rather from its end like a traditional spoon; this connector forces the spoon to slightly dive in a "nose down" position which enables a behaviour somewhere between a spoon and a plug lure.
At 2.5 to 3 knots trolling speed, Hookum diving spoons dart left and right erratically and perform the occasional 360-degree spins. These select colour patterns and the Hookum spoon's unpredictable action has proven irresistible for King Salmon, Steelhead, Muskie, Pike, Trout and Bass fishing.
PEETZ is pleased to reintroduce this legendary lure with some exciting updates.
- Made in Canada
- High-quality solid brass, nickel plated for bright, durable finish
- Comes standard with an extra-strength #6 split ring and a high quality 7/0 Mustad Ultrapoint Siwash Hook (but works well with hook sizes ranging from 2/0 to 6/0 to match your targeted species)
- Bright, durable UV and Glow Mylar in prismatic, holographic and iridescent color combinations
- Spoon Maximum Width: 0.75" (19mm)
- Spoon Length: 3" (76mm)
- Weight: 0.56oz (16 grams)
Colours Included in this Salmon Slayer 4 Pack
- "Pay Day" Fluoro Green / White Glow
- "Novacane" UV Purple "Moon Jelly" / White Glow
- "Citrus Punch!" Green Scale / Chartreuse Scale
- "Tropic Thunder" Blue Scale / Chartreuse Scale
Trolling - Troll at speeds of 2-3mph behind a boat from a deep diver device, or by adding fishing weights to the line. These lures are deadly behind a flasher or dodger.
Casting - Cast by adding fishing weights to the line and retrieving. Vary retrieve speed for desired action.
Ready to Order?
You can purchase online securely through this website, or you can call us toll-free at 800.883.0221 (Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm PST).