The PEETZ “Banshee GS” Guide Series reels are a testament to our uncompromised position on quality. They have been built and tested specifically for daily use by professional charter operators and to our knowledge, they represent the most advanced wood reel ever to be produced.
The “retro” exterior of the Banshee has been specifically designed to look similar to other PEETZ mahogany and brass reels. However, through the use of a stainless steel, CNC machined hub and sealed, ceramic bearings, a newly redesigned double pawl/gear clicker system, the Banshee GS offers the ultra-smooth, reliable operation you would expect from a Guide Series reel - even under the most extreme conditions of the Pacific Northwest.
Extreme pro-staff testing included one legendary test - being submerged in seawater overnight between daily use with no rinsing. The Banshee GS was opened up after six months of this abuse and the internals were in pristine condition. The reel, including the drag mechanism, also functioned as new! The wood of the reel was refinished and it remains in use to this day.
UNIQUE FEATURES OF THE "BANSHEE" REEL
- Sealed CNC-machined inner bearing chamber with proprietary grease barrier provides smooth operation but an outstanding seal against water penetration.
- High quality, sealed ceramic roller bearings with stainless steel races.
- Proprietary no-slip drag design, insusceptible to water and the elements. PEETZ reels have zero line creep or ‘gumminess’ often associated with other single action reels.
- Approximately 70% more drag adjustment over previous PEETZ reels.
- Double pawl/gear clicker system tuned to produce the same iconic PEETZ spooling clicker (screams like a Banshee!) and a soft click during line retrieval. This beautiful, rich sound is the iconic signature of a wood PEETZ reel.