Ideal for lake trolling or fly fishing larger sport fish such as salmon, steelhead, lake trout, jack fish, etc.
3.5" PEETZ trolling/fly fishing reels are handmade in Canada by true craftsmen. The Artist Series 3/5" reel features an engraved trout design by renowned Kwagiulth artist Jason Henry Hunt.
- Handmade in Canada by true craftsman
- Solid mahogany and brass construction
- Very comfortable handle and overall feel
- Effective and easy to use drag control
- Includes the famous PEETZ "clicker"
- Body Diameter: 3.5 inches
- Body Width: 1 3/4 inches
- Weight: 9.67 ounces / 274 grams
- Spool capacity: 240 feet of 20lb backing PLUS 90 feet of #7/8 weight fly line
Ready to Order?
You can purchase online securely through this website, or you can call us toll-free at 800.883.0221 (Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm PST). Welcome to the PEETZ family!
About Jason Henry Hunt
Born in Victoria in 1973, Jason is the son of Kwaguilth carver and artist, Stanley Clifford Hunt. Following in the footsteps of his father and uncles, Tony Hunt and Richard Hunt, Jason has merged his trained indigenous artistic capabilities with a unique, recognizable style that is sought after by collectors throughout North America and in Europe.
Dedicated to the values of old world craftsmanship, and favouring the use of hand tools to carve and finish his works, Jason creates signature pieces that range from totem poles and large scale panels to masks, paintings and jewelry.
Today, Jason is the youngest steward of a rich legacy of creativity that traces its roots from his father through his grandfather, Henry Hunt, to his great-grandfather, Mungo Martin (both widely credited with teaching many of today’s leading artists). Jason’s work explores the distinct culture and art form of the Kwagiulth people while reflecting the vibrant history and knowledge of generations of acclaimed artists.
Visit www.otterbaystudio.com for more information about Jason and his artwork.
Regarding the Collaboration with PEETZ Outdoors
"To know that every reel by PEETZ is handmade locally in small runs, that no two reels are exactly alike, and that the company has a legacy of over 90 years is really appealing to me," states Mr. Hunt. "I'm excited about the creative, artistic, yet fully functional products that will evolve through our unique collaboration."
Growing up within small communities on Vancouver Island, Jason recognizes salmon fishing as an important part of life on the West Coast. Therefore, along side PEETZ, Jason has committed to donate a portion of all proceeds from all products created through his PEETZ collaboration to salmon conservation initiatives.
PEETZ Products have a Lifetime Guarantee
Since 1925 PEETZ Outdoors Ltd. ("PEETZ") has stood behind the high quality of its products.
At PEETZ we aim to produce reels and fishing equipment which surpass your expectations and deliver an unprecedented outdoor experience. Through small production runs and a nearly century-long commitment to artisanal craftsmanship, we create products that provide a lifetime of satisfaction.
You can purchase from www.peetzoutdoors.com, in-store, or through an authorized PEETZ dealer with confidence. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will provide a refund or exchange the item within 30 days of purchase.
In addition, for the original purchaser, our PEETZ handcrafted fishing reels, rods and tackle are guaranteed against defects in workmanship for the lifetime of the product under normal operating conditions.
Terms & Conditions
PEETZ fishing reels purchased online, in-store, or through an authorized PEETZ dealer are covered by our limited lifetime warranty (the "Warranty"). Below are the terms and conditions:
- The Warranty applies to the original owner and is not transferable.
- The Warranty is limited to repair or replacement of the reel only, and does not cover direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or any other type of damage resulting from its use.
- The Warranty does not cover normal wear, misuse, negligence, fire, theft, loss or intentional damage.
- To qualify for warranty service, you must return your reel to our manufacturing facility along with a completed Returned Merchandise Authorization ("RMA") Form, or the warranty claim cannot be processed and the reel will be returned to the you.
- All shipments to us must be freight paid. We reserve the right to determine whether to repair or replace any product covered by under the Warranty. Discontinued products may be replaced with newer models when necessary.