June 7th - 11th, 2017 | Haida Gwaii, BC
Next week marks the beginning of North America's largest cash jackpot for a salmon derby. Westcoast Resort's 15th annual Salmon Masters Tournament in Haida Gwaii has 47 teams of anglers from all over competing for a total of $268,000 in cash prizes! The Salmon Masters isn't only a world-class tournament, however. To date, Westcoast Resorts has donated over $800,000 to the Pacific Salmon Foundation.
PEETZ is dedicating 1 of 6 of this year's Artist Proof reels to the Salmon Masters Tournament auction - handcarved, numbered and signed by renowned Kwagiulth artist Jason Henry Hunt. We are proud to report last year's AP reels raised between $2,500-$6,000 each for salmon conservation. This year,PEETZ and Mr. Hunt are dedicating another 6 of these beautiful reels with the 2017 Chain of Life design, "Bear & Salmon".
Derby tickets are $6,995 per contestant and include:
- An all-inclusive stay at either the Englefield Bay or Hippa Island lodges
- Food and drink, including alcohol
- Airfare from YVR to Haida Gwaii
- Opening ceremonies & banquet at the River Rock Resort & Casino on June 6th
- Fully guided fishing, including all gear, equipment, and bait
- 2 Chinook salmon weigh-ins per day
- A silent auction benefiting the Pacific Salmon Foundation, including bidding for the PEETZ Artist Proof "Bear & Salmon" Reel, #2 out of 6.
- The 15th Annual Banquet Dinner, presented by the Pacific Salmon Foundation
As of this writing, nearly all tickets are sold out. Get yours quickly!
- The Grand Champion Team prize is awarded to the pair with the highest combined weight of each angler's top two fish [total of four] . $50,000.
- Daily prizes are awarded at each lodge for the largest catches of the day. 1st Place - $10,000, 2nd - $7,000, 3rd - $3,000, 4th - $2,000, 5th - $1,000, 6th - $700.
- Prizes are awarded for each lodge's largest overall catches. 1st Place - $20,000, 2nd - $11,000, 3rd - $7,000.
To learn more, click here.
For the full event schedule, click here.
For full Tournament rules, click here.
To book your trip, call 1.800.810.8933.